Just a few brief notes, sent bi-monthly, to update the Charles North community on “What’s Going On!” around the neighborhood.
- CHAP – A Proposed Boundary Map for the Charles North CHAP District has been developed and is under review. You are welcome to have a look at this map on the Charles North website at www.charlesnorth.org. Again this is a proposal. It is not set in stone.
- URP – the revisions to the Charles North Urban Renewal Plan have been completed and are now in the hands of Councilman Robert Stokes to be submitted for approval by the Baltimore City Council.
- New Restaurant Venues – Several new restaurant venues have opened recently in Charles North including Milk & Honey at 20 East Lanvale Street and Orto at 1709 N. Charles Street. Please see their respective websites for further information.
- Fourteen new apartments are under construction at the southeast corner of Maryland Avenue and W. Trenton Street and a 44 apartment structure is in design phases for the northeast corner of N. Charles and 20th street.
- CNCA elections – CNCA will hold its annual elections this coming March 19th. Please see the Charles North website atwww.charlesnorth.org for further information on CNCA membership and voting requirements, etc.
Copy deadline for submissions to the Charles North News Notes is the 15th of the publishing month. All news notes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The notes should be only two or three sentences in length, contain significant information about who, what, where, when and why, and primarily focused on the community of Charles North. The editor of the Charles North News Notes reserves the right to edit submissions and to include or exclude as deemed necessary and appropriate. The next issue of the Charles North News Notes will be in April.
Don Donahue, editor